Visit their site: www.worldyouthparliament.orgHeadQuarters: World Youth Parliament Administration, Sonalux Building, 9th Floor, Moi Avenue, Next to Nairobi Sports House, P.O. Box 18911-00100, G.P.O., Nairobi, Kenya. Phone: +254 (020) 238 7742 Mobile: +254 (0) 723 5931 54 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.worldyouthparliament.org
World Youth Parliament (WYP) is the World Youth leadership and development Organization that involves youths in world leadership and decision-making process, aiming to influence policies and promote mechanisms that will combat poverty, disease and ignorance.
The Organization is a multinational, multiracial Youth organization which is national, continental and special representation as a platform for the youth worldwide to come together for the unity of purpose of empowering them to participate in global leadership, decision making and developmental processes and the innovation processes by networking professionals and each other to increase the realization as a generation of youth that are responsible, respective, democratic and accountable.
Our Vision is to realize an equal, peaceful and developed world through youth participation globally.
We involve youths in World Leadership and decision-making Processes, aiming to influence policies and promote mechanisms that will combat poverty, disease and ignorance, to make the World, Equal, Peaceful and Developed.
1. Enhancing Unity and Collegiality among World Youths through fighting Ethnicity, Racism, Religious Conflicts and Cultures that uphold disunity and enmity.
2. Fighting Poverty, Disease and Ignorance through Youth-led Programs.
3. Advocating for Human Rights
4. Creating mechanisms and involving the youth in ways to create conducive environment and relationships.
5. Giving the youth a platform for expression of the true and right interest and opinion on Global Development and Leadership Affairs.
6. Creating Understanding and cooperation among Youths with the Communities, Governments and other Organs of Leadership.
7. Setting up structures of Leadership and Coordination for reaching out to Youths all over the World to facilitate the Common Vision of creating a better World.
8. Creating partnerships with stakeholders in youth participation
The Organization operates through the following structures:
1. World Youth Advisory Council.
2. Panel of World Youth Executive
3. World Youth Cabinet.
4. World Youth Assembly.
5. World Youth Programs.
6. World Youth Parliament Secretariat.
7. World Youth Movement- Global Membership and supporters.
The World Youth Advisory Council is the chief advisory body to the World Youth Leaders. They advise the youths on issues of leadership and decision making and act as the main mentors of the Youths.
8. Graça Machel
Prof. Wangare Maathai
This is the top youth leadership team
It leads the World Youth Cabinet, World Youth Assembly and other Youth Structures of Youth Leadership in the World, in Advocating for Youth Agenda Globally.
This is a cabinet of World Youth Ministers and their Assistant Ministers, working on specific roles globally. The ministries include:
1. World Youth Ministry of Peace and Reconciliation
2. World Youth Ministry of Environment and Nature Conservation
3. World Youth Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation
4. World Youth Ministry of Finance and Economic Development
5. World Youth Ministry of Global Cohesion and Inter-States Relations
6. World Youth Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
7. World Youth Ministry of Trade and Industry
8. World Youth Ministry of Energy
9. World Youth Ministry of Health
10. World Youth Ministry of Water
11. World Youth Ministry of Gender and Children Affairs
12. World Youth Ministry of the Vulnerable and Disabled
13. World Youth Ministry of Transport & Communication
14. World Youth Ministry of Human Settlement and Habitation
15. World Youth Ministry of Wildlife
16. World Youth Ministry of African Affairs
17. World Youth Ministry of Asian Affairs
18. World Youth Ministry of South American Affairs
19. World Youth Ministry of North American Affairs
20. World Youth Ministry of European Affairs
21. World Youth Ministry of Oceania Affairs
This is the assembly of National and Special Representatives.
Up to 215 countries are to be represented in the next Assembly.
1. Word Youth Fund
2. World Media
3. World Youth Research and Investigation Program.
1. World Youth Parliamentary Sessions – Word Youth Assembly. This brings together Youths representing their Countries and Special Groups. Our next Assembly Sessions targets 215 National Representations.
2. 40-days global peace programme – Southern Sudan. This is an annual project that brings together youths from different parts of the World, to train and recruit peace ambassadors in the conflict/war stricken places.
3. Celebrating peace caravan, (CPAC). The event shall involve youths in a caravan from Nairobi to Johannesburg to celebrate Peace within Africa.
4. World youth summit on Wealth-creation and Poverty alleviation – Kenya.
5. World Environmental Quarter – worldwide. This is the quarter of the year which is declared environmental quarter in the world youth environment summit.
6. World Youth Delegation Global Tour – 40 Countries.
7. World youth cabinet Conference
8. Panel of world youth executives camp
9. World Youth Environment Summit.
WYP operates through the Following Regions, and is establishing National Chapters in the Countries therein:
World Youth activities and events under WYP are coordinated by a stretch of Leadership from Grass-roots, to National, Regional and Continental.
Leaders and members from the locality work under the National Coordination in projects and activities, majorly in Environmental Conservation, Peace Enhancement of Peace, Economic Development and Health-Related Programs.
National Youth Presidents and the Vice Presidents lead National Chapters of WYP, referred to as National Youth Parliaments.
These are parts of a Continent formed by neighboring Countries.
A National Youth President of a Country from within the Region is elected by other National Youth Presidents from the same region to lead WYP Mission in the region.
WYP Mission in the six Continents is led by World Youth Ministers for Continental Affairs and their Assistant Ministers.
These officials coordinate Youth Initiatives within the Regions and Countries of the Continents.
WYP Global is led by the Panel of World Youth Executive, the Board of Directors of the Organization.