Vice-President of Nigeria, from 2010 to present
Service as Vice President of Kaduna State
When Governor Arch Mohammed Namadi Sambo assumed office at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House (Government House May 29, 2007) Kaduna, the administration came in with the priority goal of running a government that is dedicated to the service of collective interests of the State as necessitated by the peculiar socio political and economic environment. Namadi’s 11 point Agenda for the state is an epoch vision, principled and guided by matching words with action. Governor Arch Namadi Sambo has continued to run an open and responsive government.
He has been exhibiting the principles of fairness, social justice, and equity and has always ensured sound financial management, transparency and the guarantee of efficiency and good governance. Apart from the enormous support being rendered to the Security Agencies in the state, the administration has created Operation Yaki to rapidly respond to security and maintenance of peace all around the metropolis and environs in the state.
In 1990 Arc Namadi Sambo left the service of Kaduna State Government and went back to his private practice. He has three companies under his stable and they include Coplan Associates, Nalado Nigeria Limited and Manyatta Engineering Services Limited. The companies over the years have acquired tremendous experience in their fields of specialization and are well known in Nigeria as major Engineering Companies through the clientele of the World Bank Assisted, Federal and State Government projects, as well as private organizations.
Coplan Associates is mainly concerned with consultancy services which include architectural and engineering services, procurement, installation, commissioning, Oil and Gas pipeline design and flow stations and training with particular focus to projects financed by international financing agencies which include but not limited to the International bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank), African Development Bank etc. The company was incorporated in 1982; and has executed successfully various projects which include:
* Supervision of the construction of the National Stadium Complex and Games Villages Abuja for the Federal Government of Nigeria
* Adjudication for award of contracts and Consruction supervision of 330/132 KV Power Transmition lines and associated Substations at Umuahia and environs for Transysco section of the PHCN
* Consultancy services of Low Cost housing Estate for Junior and intermediate staff at Abuja for both NRA and NMA
* Resettlement of Villages along Bill Clinton’s and Airport roads, and Proposed Federal Civil Services College Abuja for the Faderal Government of Nigeria
* Management consultancy services for Petroleum Training Institute/University for Oil and Gas, Warri, and Consultancy services for the Development of National Institute of Technology Bonny and Federal Polytechnic for Oil and Gas Ekowe Bayelsa State for the PTDF
Nalado Nigeria Limited also a company incorporated in 1998 and specialized in Oil and Gas Services, Water Supply & Waste disposal; Building and Civil Engineering; Energy (Power) Generation, Transmission and distribution; Air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration, Turnkey industrial suppliers; and Procurement of equipment and machinery. The company overtime has executed quite a number of projects some of which include but not limited to the following:
* Provision of Heavy Duty Land Drilling Rig (diesel / electric drilling Rig number 70117 type ZJ 70D, as pre-inspected and approved by NPDC, a subsidiary of NNPC (the drilling sites are in Warri)
* National Rural Water Supply Programme - Contract Lot SK1 /B, PTF project for Sokoto State for the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund
* Construction of Eko Tourist Resort and Amusement Park at lbeju-Lekki Tourist Village, Akodo, Lagos for the Lagos State Government
* National Water Rehabilitation Project Zone C-Contract No. CBO/1C 01 and zone A - Contract no. ANG 01 ICB, World Bank assisted projects for Borno and Niger States respectively, both for the FMWR.
* Supply of Power and Distribution Transformers to National Electric Power Authority for the National Electric Power Authority (now PHCN)
* Upgrading and Rehabilitation of Kaduna Township Stadium for the Kaduna State Ministry of Sports and Youth Development
* Rehabilitation of Zaria Water Supply Scheme, an Upper Niger River Basin project and Biu Water Supply Project Contract 2, both of which are in progress for the Federal Ministry of Water Resources
Manyatta Engineering Services Limited was incorporated in 1998 as a procurement outfit mainly dealing with offshore procurements of Electro-mechanical items, Laboratory equipments, Hospital equipments, Special Vehicles, Aircrafts and Airport facilities, Service and Maintenance, etc. Amongst the projects executed to satisfactory completion are:
* Rehabilitation of Agro-Aviation facilities at Old Kaduna Airport for the Federal Ministry of Agric and Rural Development
* Supply of H. V. Line Restoration Towers and Movement Trucks to the National Electric Power Authority (PHCN) and Supply of X-Ray equipment and accessories to the National Maritime Authority, Lagos
* Supply of 2no., Bell Helicopters to the Nigeria Police Airwing for the Nigeria Police Force (delivery of another 2no. Helicopters are in progress)
Source: Kaduna State Government
Born in Zaria, Kaduna State of Nigeria, Mohammed Namadi Sambo started his Educational Career between the year 1959 at Baptist Primary School, Kakuri, Kaduna, Kobi Primary School in Bauchi and Towns School No. 1 in Zaria.
Between 1967 to 1971, he attended Government Secondary School now Alhuda-Huda College in Zaria. He attended the School of Basic Studies at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1972, after which he gained admission into the famous Department of Architecture, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 1973 and graduated in 1976 with Bachelor of Science degree with Honours in Architecture (B. Sc. (Hons) and holds a Masters degree (M. Sc.) Arch 1978.
He served with the Oyo State Ministry of Works and Housing for the National Youth Service Corps up to August 1979.