Mr Fikile Mbalula was sworn in as the new Minister of Sport and Recreation (SRSA) on November 1 2010, taking over the reins from Rev. Dr. Makhenkesi Stofile, who has ably led SRSA since 2004.
* Minister of Sport and Recreation.
* Deputy Minister of Police since 2009.
* Member of the African National Congress (ANC) National Executive Committee since December 2009.
* Member of Parliament since 6 May 2009.
* Trained in Leadership Skills by the Careers Research and Information Centre.
* Trained by the Organisation for Appropriate Social Services in South Africa in psychotherapy as a councillor.
* President of the Botshabelo Youth Congress (1986 - 1987).
* Publicity Secretary for the Botshabelo Youth Congress (1987).
* Vice-President of Botshabelo Student Congress (1987).
* Area member of the United Democratic Front (1989).
* Secretary of the ANC Provisional Youth Committee (1990).
* Regional Secretary of the ANC Youth League (1991 - 1994).
* Provincial ANCYL Secretary (1994 to 1996).
* Secretary of the ANCYL Political Education (1996 - 1998).
* Member of the Local Branch Executive Committee of South African Youth Congress (Sayco) (1998).
* Affiliate member of Socialist International.
* Co-odinator of South African Medical and Dental Association.
* Member of Organisation of Appropriate Social Services in South Africa.
* Secretary-General of the ANCYL (1998 - 2004).
* President of the International Union of Socialist Youth (2004).
* President of the ANCYL (2004 - 2008).
Source: Deputy Ministry of Police