Deputy Minister of Public Service and Administration
* Deputy Minister of Public Service and Administration of the Republic of South Africa since 11 May 2009.
* Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Durban-Westville.
* Masters of Science degree from University of London.
* Undertook consultancy work as a Business Development Specialist and Economic and Business Development advisor/consultant to small, medium and micro enterprises (1999 - 2004).
* Between 1980 to 1999 the Deputy Minister was involved in the following fields:
* Development Director at Community Education Development Trust (1980).
* Trustee of the Transitional National Development Trust (TNDT) serving on its Audit and Finance Committees and its Policy Advisory Group for the establishment of the National Development Agency (NDA).
* Research chemist at Shell Chemical (1979 - 1980).
* Microbiologist at Reckitt and Colman (1976 - 1979).
* Formulations chemist at Plascon Evans Paints (1974 - 1979).
* Joined the African National Congress (ANC) (1972).
* Served as Executive Member of the Natal Indian Congress.
* Executive Committee member of the United Democratic Front in KwaZulu-Natal.
* Member of ANC KwaZulu-Natal negotiating Team at Congress for a Democratic South Africa (CODESA).
* Deputy Minister of Communications of the Republic of South Africa since (29 April 2004 - 10 May 2009).
Source: Deputy Ministry of Communications