Deputy Minister of Finance
* Deputy Minister of Finance of the Republic of South Africa since 11 May 2009.
* Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Finance since 2005.
* Member of African National Congress (ANC).
* Member of Parliament of the Republic of South Africa since 1999.
* Diploma in Marketing Management.
* Advanced Diploma in Economic Policy from University of Western Cape (UWC).
* Certificate in Economic Policy from University of South Africa (UNISA).
* Studying towards Honours degree in Economics (UWC) and Post graduate Diploma in Economic Principles (University of London).
* Member of ANC Regional Executive Committee, Bambatha region.
* ANC Secretary for Bambatha region
* ANC Branch Chairperson Bambatha.
* Co-Chairperson of Joint Budget Committee (October 2002 - August 2005).
* Regional Administrative Manager for the Metropolitan Life Insurance for 15 years.
* Regional Secretary of ANC Ukhahlamba region (1997 - 2000).
* Chairperson of Kranskop policing Forum (1997 - 1999).
* Councillor in the local government (1996 - 1999).
* Chairperson of parents' Committee at St. David's School (1995 - 1999).
* Chairperson of Ntunjambili Development Forum (1994 - 1999).
* Active in student politics since 1979.
* Labour union shop steward (1990 - 1995).
* Lead Negotiating Team for better Working Conditions.