Deputy Minister of Health
* Deputy Minister of Health of the Republic of South Africa since 11 May 2009.
* Member of Parliament since 2004.
* Member of Parliamentary Committee on Trade and Industry.
* Member of Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Affairs.
* Member of Parliamentary Committee on Health.
* Member of African National Congress (ANC) Provincial Executive Committee (PEC).
* MBChB from Medical Universtity of Southern Africa (Medunsa).
* MBA from University of Cape Town (UCT).
* Post Graduate Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (DTM and H).
* Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health (DPH).
* Post Graduate Diploma in Health Service Management.
* Post Graduate Diploma in Company Direction from Institute of Management and Technology.
* North West ANC Deputy Chairperson.
* Chairperson of Deployment Committee, Economic Transformation Committee.
* Member of ANC Sub-committees on Economic Transformation and Political Education.
* Deputy Secretary of ANC North West Province (1983-1995).
* Member of National Medical and Dental Association ( 1986-1995).
* Member of United Democratic Front (UDF) (1983-1995).
* Member of Azanian Student Organisation ( 1979-1985).
* President of the Student Representative Council (SRC) at Medunsa (1981-1984).
Passed away in a car accident on 05 April 2010.
Source: Deputy Ministry of Health