Minister of Basic Education
* Minister of Basic Education in the Republic of South Africa since 11 May 2009.
* Member of the African National Congress (ANC) National Executive Committee.
* President of the ANC Women's League since 2007.
* Member of the Gauteng Executive Council for Department of Education since 2004.
* Member of the Gauteng Provincial Legislature since 1999.
* Higher Diploma in Education.
* Bachelor of Arts in Education at University of the North.
* Bachelor of Educational Science at the University of Witwatersrand.
* Masters Degree at the University of Witwatersrand.
* Teacher at Orlando High School (1981 - 1983).
* Lecturer at the Soweto College of Education (1983 - 1985).
* Lecturer at the University of Witwatersrand (1985 - 1994).
* Director in the Office of the President (1994 - 1997).
* Deputy Secretary of the ANC Women's League (1997 - 2007).
* Executive Member of the National Education Union of South Africa (Neusa).
* Member of Sediba sa Basadi Trust.
* Member of the Gauteng Executive Council for Social Services and Population Development (2000 - 2004).
* Deputy Chairperson of the African National Congress in Gauteng since 2001.
See all comments (5).