Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
* Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries since 11 May 2009.
* Leader of the Freedom Front since March 2001.
* Spokesperson of Freedom Front in Parliament for Foreign Affairs and Communication.
* Completed his high school education at the Riebeeck High School in Randfontein (1968).
* BA Communication at Potchefstroom University for CHE (1973)
* MA (with distiction) Potchefstroom University for CHE (1976)
* D. Phil, Potchefstroom University for CHE (1978)
* Undertook post-doctoral studies in International Communication at University of Wisconsin, Madison (USA) (1981)
* Underwent his national service military training in the Navy at Saldanah Bay (1969)
* Lecturer in Communication at Potchefstroom University for CHE (1974)
* Professor and Head of Communication at Potchefstroom University for CHE( 1984)
* Vice- President of the South African Communication Lectures ' Union (1984)
* Member of the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (1984)
* Elected to the Potchefstroom Town Council (1985)
* Elected to Parliament when he won a by-election in Schweizer- Reneke (March 1988)
* Founder member and Chairperson of the Freedom Front (March 1994)
* Elected to Parliament by the Freedom Front (1994 - 1999)
* Served as Chairman of the Students' Representative Council and as Deputy President of the Afrikaanse Studentbond while student.
* Member of Conservative Party.
* Member of Volksfront.
* Vice Chairman of Conservative Party in Transvaal.
* Head of Information Committee.
* Won the Sable of Honour as best officer of the intake (1969)
* Won an Abe Bailey Scholarship to visit the United Kingdom for three months (1974).
* Won the Victor Ludorum in Athletics.