Former Minister of Public Enterprises. Was fired on 31 October and replaced by Malusi Gigaba.
Barbara Hogan was South Africa's Health Minister. She joined the African National Congress in 1976 after the Soweto Uprising.
When Kgalema Motlanthe became the president on 25 September 2008 he appointed Hogan as the minister of health. She replaced Manto Tshabala-Msimang.
Hogan's appointment was widely welcomed by HIV-Aids activists.
* Former Minister of Public Enterprises of the Republic of South Africa since 11 May 2009.
* Member of Parliament since 1994.
* Chairperson of Standing Committee on Auditor General.
* Joined the African National Congress (ANC) in 1976 after the Soweto Uprising.
* First woman in South Africa to be found guilty of treason (1982).
* sentenced to 10 years imprisonment and was released in (1990).
* played a big role in the creation of the ANC structures in Gauteng.
* Chairperson of the portfolio committee on Finance (1999 - 2004).
* As member of Parliament she played a leading role in many ad hoc committees and investigations.
* Minister of Health of the Republic of South Africa (26 September 2008 - 10 May 2009).