Brigitte Yengo was born in the Congo, she is a Roman Catholic Congolese nun, and the head of Sister Yengo's Children, Inc.
Working primarily in:
Description of Work:
Brigitte Yengo began:
* 1979 - Left Pointe Noire to study in Paris and Le Havre
* 1981 - Became a nun and is a member of the congregation of the Sisters of Notre-Dame of the Rosary
* 1987 - Earned her chiropractic degree from the National University of Health Sciences (NUHS)
* 1991 - Earned medical degree from the University of the Congo
* 1997 - Hospital bombed during civil war in the Congo
* 1998 - Began work in New York City with the children of incarcerated single mothers
* 2004 - Returned to the Republic of Congo in 2004 to set up her clinic and hospital
Sister Yengo's Children is a 501 (c)3 charitable organization formed to help those in need in sub-saharan Africa, particularly in the Republic of the Congo. Under the leadership of Sister Brigitte Yengo, the organization raises funds to sustain the operation of her orphanage in Brazzaville, develop programs of self-sufficiency and procure equipment for victims of polio, blindness and other handicaps.
(At a Glance)
Interests: Art, Humanitaire
Place of Origin: Congo-Brazzaville
Brigitte Yengo is a nun (1981) and is a member of the congregation of the Sisters
of Notre-Dame of the Rosary. In 1979 she left Pointe Noire to study in
Paris and then in Le Havre.